HOW TO GET A LABOR ESTIMATE FOR YOUR NEXT PROJECT
We cover a large portion of Southern California, so the way we usually work is to give a labor estimate based on your customer supplied videos. If you choose to proceed, we then arrange an in-home planning session so that we can site survey, take accurate measurements, and also help you choose materials for your project. Since these visits are done during our regular working time, we charge new customers for this visit; however, as long as you have us do the work it is free, because we apply the full amount toward your project.
TO SEND VIDEO OF YOUR ROOM(S):
- With your back into a corner of the room, begin recording from left to right until you cannot record any more. Without stopping, cross the room to the opposite side and continue recording the remaining walls of the room. (see the video on this page for an example)
- The purpose of these videos is for us to note the conditions such as ceiling height and slope, number of corners, location of heating and air conditioning vents, light switches and wall outlets as well as any built in cabinetry that is in the path of woodwork to be done.
- If you are requesting an estimate for crown moulding, hold your phone in the portrait position (vertical). This will allow you to record from the floor to the ceiling without raising and lowering the phone.
- It is best to record and send a video for each room separately. This will keep the file size small and easier to send.
- Text your video clip(s) to (626) 590-3880. Please include your name and what city this is in.
- To email. send your video clips to: email@example.com